Wednesday, August 24, 2011

jour neuf - I Don't Speak German But I Can If You Like...

The first week back in school never feels the way you would expect it to.  Summer is still so close by that you can't let it go.  It's not until the cold comes and the pounds of homework set in when you are harshly reminded that the summer is done, the sunshine is gone and school has resumed once more.

Fortunately for me, I can still smile at that thought because I know that come this December, school and I will be shaking hands as cordial exes usually do and bidding each other adieu in the most polite way.  After 17 and half years, it will be time for school and I to finally break up.

But before I let myself daydream about life post-post-graduation, I try to keep myself grounded in the here and now.  I spent the weekend in Luxembourg with my mom before she went back home to Florida on monday.  We ate German food in one of the main squares, Place d'Armes, as we listened to an orchestra play famous pop songs, including a lovely medley of Michael Jackson's greatest hits.  If I have learned anything from this experience so far, it is that while other people come in various forms and speak all different languages, Michael Jackson is in fact universal.  An audience more interested in their food than the orchestra suddenly perked up and rushed to the stage as soon as the orchestra began to play "Thriller."

Some lovely photos from Luxembourg:
























No comments:

Post a Comment