Sunday, September 4, 2011

jour vingt - Down By The Riverside

I spent my day yesterday reading a book by La Moselle, the main river running through Metz.  It was a lovely day (though a bit warmer than I would have preferred but let me not complain too much lol) and I got to rest, relax and think, which is exactly what I needed.

Carved onto this wall is the sentence "Dans la societe du spectacle: le vrai est un moment du faux."   Deep.



This actually isn't the main river, by the way, it just connects to it.  Still pretty nonetheless.







So it was at this point where I started to get overly excited about the sepia effect on my camera phone...

The bridge is called "Pont du bras mort" which translates to "Bridge of the dead arms."  Huh.


Le monde en sepia!
Balloons!!




More Balloons!
In color now!
So after this wonderful afternoon of strolling and reading and picture-taking, I bought myself some dinner.  Now anyone who knows me well knows I don't like to eat fast food.  However, after a chat with one of my french friends, I was informed that MacDonald's here in France is better than and different from McD's in the U.S.  He claimed that it was healthier here.  I don't know if I agree with him on that but I definitely do think the MacDonald's sandwiches here definitely feel more french considering the fact that they look way prettier and more appetizing than the ones in the U.S.  I ordered a filet o' fish sandwich and this is what I got:





Have you ever seen a bun this round in real life???  This almost looks straight out of an advertisement.  Compare it to the usual

Do not want.
and you can see how pleasantly surprised I was.  The French don't play when it comes to food, even at MacDonald's.  Now is it healthier...well, that remains to be seen.

A Bientot!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Daph :) Ah- I remember being fascinated by the French and their fascination with MacDo. Whenever it was a nice spring day, I'd see herds of hip French youth and working professionals with their McDonald's bags (as if they were from Dean and Deluca or something) ready for a piquenique at the Jardin du Luxembourg. le sigh...to be back in France...t'as de la chance de passer tes jours en France. Profites-en bien ;) Do you have a mailing address I can reach you at?

    ReplyDelete